Welcome to my blog!

Hi There,
Thanks for stopping by to see what I get up to most of the time!
I am a California-based wedding and lifestyle photographer, specializing in visual storytelling with beautiful contemporary and fine-art images. This site also showcases a wide range of my other types of work as well.
Hopefully my blog will give you a sense of who I am as you follow my professional and personal life. I love hearing from people...clients, photographers...anybody. So don't be shy, let me know you were here!

Happy Reading,
Claire

Friday, March 20, 2009

Mojave Desert


Mark Maier and his fiancee Tricia McNulty are getting married tomorrow at Calamigos Ranch in Malibu.
Knowing Mark's love of all things cowboy ( I've seen the Stetson, the lariats and the obsession with that Dallas football team... ) I thought I'd let Ralph Lauren be my inspiration when designing their engagement shoot.
Mark and Tricia have known me ( and my work ) for years and this is probably why they let me drag them on a two and a half hour drive to the Mojave Desert where the temperature was 105 degrees!
You see, I'd found this perfect little "old west" town the week before while location scouting. It even had a saloon dating from 1857, a barbershop, a little old clapboard church and a general store. Wow....it looked as though the set designers had constructed it just for us!
With beautiful blue mountains in the distance and a railway track running through.....all we needed was to hear the howl of a passing train to make the day perfect.....luckily for us ( as you can see in their slideshow below ) one did just that!

0 comments: