Welcome to my blog!

Hi There,
Thanks for stopping by to see what I get up to most of the time!
I am a California-based wedding and lifestyle photographer, specializing in visual storytelling with beautiful contemporary and fine-art images. This site also showcases a wide range of my other types of work as well.
Hopefully my blog will give you a sense of who I am as you follow my professional and personal life. I love hearing from people...clients, photographers...anybody. So don't be shy, let me know you were here!

Happy Reading,
Claire

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Rockstars!








I had a wonderful time recently at Lisa and Jared's wedding in Connecticut.I was practically doing cartwheels ( across the expansive lawn! ) when I saw the location, Saint Clement's Castle.
It looked like a beautiful English country manor house....complete with statues, ivy-covered walls, wildflowers growing in a secret garden and a vintage rolls royce in the driveway. Being British, I felt quite at home : )
Unfortuntely.........the weather was also typically English! On the morning of the wedding I couldn't even see two feet in front of me as I drove in the pouring rain to the salon where the girls were getting ready. The bride was still all smiles though....maybe this was why the rain stopped and the sun came out that afternoon!
Lisa and Jared are great fans of classic British music. Jared got an extra bonus when he discovered that I am from Liverpool since the Beatles featured heavily in the choice of music.
The ceremony overlooked the stunning Connecticut River and a violin played a beautiful, haunting version of "Across The Universe" as Lisa walked down the aisle ( in her Vera Wang dress and Christian Louboutain flats! ).
The same musicians played David Bowie's " Ziggy Stardust" as the new bride and groom left the ceremony site, and later Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" was their choice for their Grand Entrance! Excellent choices...so different from the norm.
As guests danced the night away, a huge vide screen featured corresponding music videos........ Lisa and jared looked as though they could star in their own when they changed into " something more comfortable"!
Here is the slideshow telling their story...


0 comments: