Welcome to my blog!

Hi There,
Thanks for stopping by to see what I get up to most of the time!
I am a California-based wedding and lifestyle photographer, specializing in visual storytelling with beautiful contemporary and fine-art images. This site also showcases a wide range of my other types of work as well.
Hopefully my blog will give you a sense of who I am as you follow my professional and personal life. I love hearing from people...clients, photographers...anybody. So don't be shy, let me know you were here!

Happy Reading,
Claire

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Engagement Shoots....and why they make sense!


Some of you might know that my signature Engagement sessions are like Fashion/Lifestyle shoots, tailor-made for my clients.
When Theresa and Wyeth told me that they would be getting married on a yacht, images of Nautica and J.Crew ads came to mind when I envisioned their engagement shoot.
I am very lucky that I get to live right by the ocean.....luckier still that a very good friend of mine has a beautiful sailboat docked in the marina......what a prop!
Theresa and Wyeth were such good sports when I explained the nautical theme.....Theresa joined me for a wardrobe/styling consultation ( she even put on a bikini! )......and even Wyeth got into it after the couple of tequila shots I gave him before we started shooting.
This is why engagement sessions are so important. You see, Wyeth hated the thought of having his photograph taken. But after the engagement shoot ( and the tequila...) he really loosened up, realised that it wasn't so bad after all and even started to have fun.
They are a great way of helping to put the bride and groom at ease before their big day....to build a rapport with my clients so that they have complete and utter trust in my vision and ability.
I think Wyeth might have even started to ham it up for the camera on his wedding day!
Here is their Engagement Slideshow and their Wedding at Fantasea Yachts.


0 comments: